Food & Beverages Industry: Jobs Explained
- Catering Manager - Catering managers organise and develop the food and beverages services of business and organisations whilst maintaining hygiene and food standards and financial targets.
- Food Technologist - Food technologist plans the manufacture of food and drinks subjects. This involves discovering ingredients and technologies to invent new recipes and food products.
- Distribution Manager - The role of distribution manager involves transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of goods and materials.
- Marketing Executive - They are involved in planning, advertising, promotion, public relations, product development, sponsorship and research. Their focus can be on selling a product or raising awareness of that product to the buying public.
- McDonalds Restaurant Crew - Deliver high standards of quality service and cleanliness to customers. From this they have a structured programme into management.
- Public House Management - Public House manager is responsible for the success of the pub or bar. As licensees they are legally responsible for their venue. Duties range from front of the house to staff requirement, marketing, accounting and stock control.
- Retail Buyer - Retail Buyers purchase merchandise, plan and select the range, Select the range, source and review existing merchandise and ensure competitive within the industry.